Sanlam acquires 100% of the capital of Saham Finances
SAHAM Finances, Sanlam Emerging Markets (Pty) Limited, Santam Ltd, Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance and Sompo International seal a strategic partnership in Africa.
- The strengthening of SAHAM Finances and Sanlam partnership
- Acquired 100 % of SUN Insurance’ stake
- Creation of three life companies in Burkina Faso, Senegal and Togo
- Acquired Continental Reinsurance PLC in Nigeria
- Creation of a Life company in Gabon
- Acquisition of 30% of SAHAM Finances' capital by Sanlam Group
- Creation of the SAHAM insurance brand.
It includes all the Group's insurance subsidiaries under a single name and visual identity.
- Acquired CORAR AG Ltd in Rwanda
- Acquired UNITRUST Insurance in Nigeria
- Acquired Continental Re in Nigeria
- Creation of SAHAM Assurance Congo
- Creation of SAHAM Assurance Niger
- Acquired Mercantile Insurance in Kenya
- Opened Colina subsidiaries in Niger and in Congo.
- Acquired GA Angola Seguros. Leading private company in the country.
- IPO of CNIA Saada Insurance
- Merger between CNIA and Es Saada, under the name: CNIA Saada Assurance.
- Acquired Insurance Es Saada
- Acquired 67.01 % of CNIA Assurance, company founded in Morocco in 1949.